On Nov 26, 2008, at 11:38 AM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:

I think Wayne was referring not to your post, but in general - if we package most of the projects up neatly under one parent, then other projects that
aren't in the same subdirectory / build cycle may get lost.

Hopefully having a cleaned up source tree with better pom/version reuse will make it much easier to keep things up-to-date and useful. It should not be that hard to clean up most of the existing projects.

Another thing that would be nice to add to the parent pom is:
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/cookbook/add-svn-revision-to-manifest.html

I have found it invaluable to have the SVN version cooked into the artifacts -- particularly after something has been running stable for a year and you can't possibly remember exactly where it came from.

ryan

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com