On Tue, 02 Dec 2008, simonm wrote:
> The problem: wmc1 is updates while Ajaxing it (wmc1 was added as a target
> for some ajax component), while wmc2 not!!
> I thought that wmc2 should be updated too since it is a child of a wmc1.

Exactly. You can check out the exact behavior from the
Ajax debug console (visible when running with
-Dwicket.configuration=development ), but because updating
wmc1 with Ajax means replacing the corresponding div
entirely, it definitely replaces all of its contents as
well.

Most probably your problem is due to a model of wmc2 which
still makes it display old data on the next render.

Other possibility is an error in the Ajax update; that
should be visible in the Ajax debug console.

If you want others to investigate further, you should make
a quickstart that demonstrates the problem. It's also a good
exercise as you'll probably solve this issue while preparing
the quickstart ;)

Best wishes,
Timo

--