I just called it "action". I have never used any action based
framework before wicket :) You can think about an action I mentioned
as about a method that can be mounted.
    If you create a link as was proposed you have to create a Java
object with onClick () implemented that is referencing to your markup.
It's a bit tedious if the link is not unique. Having an anonymous
"pageless action" instantiated at the mounting point you will just
drop as many links as you need and you will have all this links in the
markup only.