Michael Sparer blogged at
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com/2008/12/wicket-neat-url-encoding-strategy-and.html
and discussed certain approach for encoding and decoding IDs in parameters.
The general use of encoding strategies I understand but
I really wanted to understand why the complexity of using CodingStrategies
especially for encoding database IDs. Why is this simply a problem:
PageParameter param = new .... Long dataId = new Long(23);
param.put("dataId", encodeAsString(23)); setResponsePage(...); then when you
are parsing the Parameters, you simple say Long dataId =
decodeToLong(param.get("dataId")); the bookmarkable page param will still
show as in browser as ?dataId=ajdladjasdsdkklsadkals& as yu want it and your
encodeAsString and decodeToLong could be in a static class or a super Panel
or Page?
Please dont mind me, I am not a fan of complexity
--
Aladejebi Ayodeji A.,
DabarObjects Solutions