Pointbreak wrote:
Not an answer to your question, but why fight this kind of stuff? It's
an invalid request, so it should result in an error.

I actually prefer it would result in a 404 for the client and nothing more. Perhaps, when enabling DEBUG, it can log the message + exception it is currently logging as ERROR.

If you don't want these entries in your log, you could just add a filter
to your logger (e.g. filtering out error messages from
org.apache.wicket.request.target.resource.SharedResourceRequestTarget
where the message equals "unable to lazily register shared resource").

It is annoying (and dangerous) to filter your log in this way. The problem is that you may accidentally filter too much and miss real errors. Also, it requires you to know a lot about wicket internals (is this a real error, or should this be considered a warning?). And it is cumbersome (every time a new exception appears, you have to go through this process again).

To the Wicket developers: why is this logged using log.error and not using log.debug (in SharedResourceRequestTarget#respond? It's not really an error, it's a reference to a resource that does not exist, and a 404 should be sufficient (without ERRORs in the log).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:05 +0100, "Antoine van Wel"