Glad that is out of the way :)

Wicket and Seam are frequently compared. But I think it is not a fair/possible comparison. We might as well compare TestNG with Mockito, both are about testing but in an entirely different league.

Seam's goal (as far as my humble knowledge goes) is targeted at combining a variety of frameworks (in particular EJB3 and JSF). Focus is on managing transactions and passing data around by storing and retrieving it from an array of (untyped) contexts. (Please forgive me if I am completely wrong.)

Wicket's goal is to provide a natural OO environment to program a html user interface. (Reusable UI components anyone?) Passing data around is the responsibility of components but is typically done with (fully typed) models. There is no need for contexts to keep state as the entire components are kept as state. This is done by storing complete page component hierarchies to a page map. Usually you have one page map per session. Wicket's transaction support is no better or worse then the next web framework.

Regards,
   Erik.

HHB wrote:
What I would like to know?
If Wicket supports multi-window/tap (beginning a new (what I can call?) a
conversation)?
Well, yes, it does
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13doc/org/apache/wicket/settings/IPageSettings.html
Multi-window/tap isn't the gem of Seam, one of them :)
We need to do more marketing for wicket guys:ninja:

Erik van Oosten wrote:
Apart from letting you guess what a page map is (a collection of visited pages) I think Ernesto gave a very decent response. So lets turn this around:

What would you like to know?

Regards,
    Erik.

PS. If that really is /the/ gem of Seam, you're in for a treat with Wicket! ;)

HHB wrote:
This effects all the Wicket pages in the application, right?
Seam folks advertise this feature as one of the gems of Seam framework,
why
Wicket doesn't shed more light on it?
Common Wicket, no need to be humble this time :)

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/