It is slightly ironic.  Java, when we change default behaviour - we annotate
methods with @Override.

Its not a dissimilar solution.  I can appreciate both decisions.

Same same but different.

What's the "norm" coding wise - what's more convenient? - I think when the
answer is "depends" - you can go either way.