Hi,

if you put extra div around textarea and add it to the target it should work

final TextArea rejectComment2 = new TextArea("rejectComment2", new
Model("aaa"));
rejectComment2.setEnabled(false);
rejectComment2.setVisible(false);
rejectComment2.setOutputMarkupId(true);

final WebMarkupContainer rejectComment2Div = new
WebMarkupContainer("rejectComment2Div");
rejectComment2.setOutputMarkupId(true);

final AjaxFallbackLink enableRejectComment = new
AjaxFallbackLink("enableRejectComment", new Model(
                "Enable comment textarea ")) {

        @Override
        public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
        {
                rejectComment2.setEnabled(true);
                rejectComment2.setVisible(true);
                target.addComponent(rejectComment2Div);