Hello,

I do something similar in a page constructor, even with accessing the
service layer. I have the same concerns, if this is correct. In general I do
not like if a constructor does any significant (eventually time consuming)
work like database access or other. But I did not find an other solution
neither.
Maybe it could be "postponed" by using a model which executes the needed
calls to the service layer in an lazy fashion.

Carsten