Thanks DVD, we already established that it is called more then once.

This discussion is talking about:

  1. caching the "visible" value during the render phase to prevent the
     potentially large performance hit of multiple invocations to isVisible
  2. preventing calls to isVisible during or after the detach phase to
     allow caching in the first place

Regards,
    Erik.

DVD wrote:
Hello. Pardon me for jumping into this topic as I did not go through previous posts. But I did notice that the isVisible() is called at least three time when a page is rendered
I have a SQL call inside the method and the sql log shows
multiple sqls were issued.

I am running wicket 1.3.5. Sorry I could not provide sample to reproduce this.
but I did see it happening.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/