you can also miss logs if your logging setup is incorrect.. it may happen
because of conflicting commons-logging or log4j jars, or if you have
multiple log4j.properties files in your classloader hierarchy.. I don't know
how these logging frameworks work exactly, but I had a similar problem and
it was corrected (I started seeing more wicket logs) when I deployed my
application into a clean tomcat with only the necessary jars..