Hi Guys,

I am currently investigating on the ways to integrate two UI, one written in
wicket and the other in mod_plsql (where all the presentation logic is
written in the form of stored-procedures and exposed through mod_plsql
gateway).

Currently most of the existing functionality is written in mod_plsql and
given its a huge application, we cannot port all the of the functionality
into wicket in one go (and plan to do the same in phases) but for all the
new functionality we have decided use wicket and devise a mechanism to
intergrate both the UI(s) such that the header, navigation, footer is
embedded from the external mod_plsql app within a Wicket Container/Template
Page followed by content-page written in wicket itself. I wish it was easy
to move the header/navigation/footer pages into wicket itself, but it has a
lot of logic contained within it which just makes difficult to do it now.

I have had a look at the blog
http://herebebeasties.com/2007-03-01/jsp-and-wicket-sitting-in-a-tree/
http://herebebeasties.com/2007-03-01/jsp-and-wicket-sitting-in-a-tree/
which pretty much is based on the same idea, but the only hitch is that it
is assuming the external/non-wicket page (i.e. jsp) to be contained in the
same context/app as wicket. I am looking for a way to include the dynamic
contents from a different context/application, since
RequestDispatcher.include doesn't allow the same. A functionality similar to
the c:import tag library that is..

Looking for some suggestions for achieving the above mentioned objective.

Thanks

Farhan.