Hi all,

I finally my error and post the working solution. I need to use a colon ":" to find children.

AjaxLink link = new AjaxLink("link", new PropertyModel(obj, "id"))
{
    public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
    {
           Page page = target.getPage();
AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable myADDT= (AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable) page.get("tabs:panel:relTable");
           target.addComponent(myADDT);

For "tabs", "panel" and "relTable" I put setOutputMarkupId(true); (don't know whether this was necessary).

Philipp
Dear Cemal,

thanks for your fast help. You understood what I meant but I still have the problem, that I don't know how to get the instance myADDT. I tried
Page page = target.getPage();
AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable myADDT= (AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable) page.get("relTable");

but get "myADDT=null". Probably because "relTable" is something like the 2nd or 3rd ancestor on that page (see below)?

Thanks for your help again
Philipp

My Main HTML-Page Index.html:

Includes this subpage Index$TabPanel1.html
<wicket:panel>
<(wicket:panel>

Philipp,

I'm not sure I have fully understood what you are after but it may be that
something as straight forward as making the component to be added (ADDT)
invisible - setVisible(false) - when first added to its parent (eg the page)
and making it visible in your AjaxLink (AL) onClick implementation.

Don't forget to setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true) as well as
setOutputMarkupId(true) on your ADDT and to add the ADDT to the
AjaxRequestTarget - target.addComponent(myADDT) - in that onClick method.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend

Philipp Daumke-2 wrote:
Dear all,

I look for an example how to render Wicket-Components (in my case an AjaxDefaultDataTable) triggered by other Components (in my case AjaxLink). In my case the two components are defined in different Java-Classes. I looked for a while in the examples and in the wiki, but coudln't find anything.

I appreciate your help or just a few links to some examples!
All the best
Philipp

To make a silly example, I look for something like:

class1
AjaxLink link = new AjaxLink("link", new PropertyModel(obj, "id"))
        {
            public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
            {
                    getComponent("myAjaxDefaultDataTable").render();
            }
        };

class2
add(new AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable("myAjaxDefaultDataTable", columns, relationProvider, 20)
            {
                {
                    setOutputMarkupId(true);
                }
            });
--

Averbis GmbH
c/o Klinikum der Albert-Ludwigs-Universität

Fon: +49 (0) 761 - 203 6707
Fax: +49 (0) 761 - 203 6800
E-Mail: dau...@averbis.de

Geschäftsführer: Dr. med. Philipp Daumke, Kornél Markó
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i. Br.
AG Freiburg i. Br., HRB 701080