NoClassDefFoundError means that netbeans or the server can't find a file.

I'm guessing that it can't find the slf4j.jar  http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html

>From the wicket site:

Important note about logging dependencies for 1.3.0 and later.

As of Wicket 1.3.0, Wicket uses the SLF4J project for logging. SLF4J is
similar to commons-logging, in that it allows libraries/frameworks like
Wicket to avoid forcing a choice of logging framework on their users.

You cannot use Wicket without adding an SLF4J logging implementation to your
classpath. Most people use log4j. If you do, just include slf4j-log4j12.jar
on your classpath to get Wicket to use log4j too. If you want to use
commons-logging or JDK14 logging or something else, please see the SLF4J
site for more information.