I have a Panel with a DataView, inside populateItem I add TextFields to
the Item (and the dataView is added to the Form).

This panel contains a FeedbackPanel that should only show errors
generated by fields added in populateItem. Unfortunately the Item object
has its parent set to null. So calls to getParent on the TextFields
looks like this:

textField.getParent() -> item.getParent() -> null.

This breaks the ContainerFeedbackMessageFilter and also breaks getForm()
on the textfields (which throws a WicketRuntimeException because it
cannot find the form).

Is this the proper behavior? I was hoping item.getParent() would point
to the dataView.

Any ideas/pointers?

Thanks!
Ryan