just wanted to add some starting points on cometd with wicket, as it isn't
that easy to find:

- how to get including sample app:
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicketstuff-dojo-1.1
- matt raible on cometd:
http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/dojo_comet_support_in_java
- suggestion of providing in-depth examples for a small donation:
http://techblog.molindo.at/2009/01/talk-on-tech-now-molindo-techblog.html

(yes the last one was a bit of self-promotion, hope you don't mind ;-))

regards,
Michael

reiern70 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM, PSkarthic
> <kart...@touchpointindia.com>wrote:
>

>> Thank you for your reply.
>>  Ok i will try AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior but tell me can server notify
>> the
>> client on particular situation.
>

> With AJAX timer behavior is the client that periodically makes a round
> trip
> to the server to ask for "something". What you want is a (comet/reverse
> AJAX) like thing. I have been using DWR (see 1 bellow) for such things but
> think there is also support for dojo cometd (see 2) on dojo wicket stuff
> project.
>
> References
> 1-http://directwebremoting.org/
> 2-http://cometdproject.dojotoolkit.org/
>

> Best,
>
> Ernesto
>

>> That is many browser(many client logged in) may opened and accessing the
>> wicket application, at some when event occurs for particular client time
>> the
>> server has send the details to particular client browser can this be
>> done.
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>> Karthic
>> --