Ok, I've tracked down the problem, but don't know how to resolve it (I've been playing with it a bit).

the render method is only being called once per session despite the cache==false
(RenderedDynamicImageResource. render(Graphics2D)

This doesn't jive with what I understand for the documentation.
Is this a bug or by design?

If its by design, what *should* I be using instead?

- Brill