/**
         * Grab Update SQL Connection
         *
         * @return
         * @throws NamingException
         * @throws SQLException
         */
        public Connection getConnection() throws NamingException, SQLException
        {
                Context env = (Context) new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");
                DataSource obj_datasrc = (DataSource) env.lookup("jdbc/xxxx");

                return obj_datasrc.getConnection();
        }

and this is my context xml looks

<Context>
        <Resource name="jdbc/xxxx"
                           auth="Container"
                           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                           maxActive="5"
                           maxIdle="2"
                           maxWait="10000"
                           removeAbandoned="true"
                           removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
                           logAbandoned="true"
                           username="xxxxxxx"
                           password="xxxxxxx"
                           driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port;DatabaseName=db_name"/>
</Context>

hope this helps

cheers
dipu