I've had your exact use case a few month ago. I did just what you propose : One War and multiple filter mappings pointing to a different Wicket Application in the same web.xml.

Works like a charm !

You still get a separate session for each application, but reuse the same underneath layers... and even your standard homegrown wicket components spread around your applications.

Hope this help,

Cheers,

Antoine.

Daniel Lipski wrote:
Do I really need OSGi container ?(OSGi is great idea, but I would like to
keep this simple) Why I cant just map WicketFilter multiple times ? I would like to stay with
one war deployed on Tomcat container.

Daniel Stoch-2 wrote:
Maybe you should look at OSGi? Then each of your application can be
defined inside a different bundle and runs on the same JVM. We are
using such approach in our environment and it works very well. A small
downside of such solution is that you have to learn what is it and how
to use OSGi (unless you already know it ;)).

--
Daniel

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Daniel Lipski