Well, Wicket has a Session Object. You can create your own subclass and
store stuff in there (WebApplication.newSession(...). If you want to share
state between pages, it's a natural place to put the state. One question you
can ask yourself is: how many instances of that panel would I have? If the
answer is: "one per user", the state of the panel is session state. So you
have multiple copies of the panel, but they all store their state into the
session.

Thomas