On Wed, 04 Feb 2009, rag...@directi wrote:
> I have a AjaxSubmitLink which i only want to use for some validation on some
> fields on the form. I do not want to submit the form if there are NO errors
> by clicking this link. I am using AjaxSubmitLink just to trigger
> validations, Incase there are any error they should be shown when i click
> this link but when every thing is fine i do not want the form to be
> submitted, I want the form to be submitted by a seperate button. Can any one
> tell me how can i do this.

Look at the implementation of AjaxSubmitLink. It's an
AbstractSubmitLink with an AjaxFormSubmitBehavior, so the
word "submit" figures there at least three times => it's
definitely meant for submitting ;)

But attaching AjaxFormValidatingBehavior (instead of
_Submit_Behavior) to a link does probably what you want.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho