That is very interesting. We have divided our web applications into
"modules", which are essentially mini WARs that are merged in the build
process to make the final deployed WAR. This allows us to share these
"modules" among various web applications, which helps with code reuse and
maintainability. However, the build process and development cycle is
cumbersome, and the "modules" are not as decoupled as I would like them to
be; meaning they can't be dropped-in as easy as an Eclipse plugin.

I've been looking for a solution, and thought that Wicket plus OSGi would be
the way to go. Unfortunately, solving that problem is not at the top of my
priorities right now. I wonder what, if anything useful, Spring dm Server (
http://www.springsource.com/products/suite/dmserver) brings to the table in
trying to make this work.

Thank you for your contribution!

-Richard