Hello, all wicket users!

I receive HTTP Status 500 error in this situation:

I have a page with empty html-file and page's onRender() looks like:

    OutputStreamWriter writer = null;
    try {
      writer = new OutputStreamWriter(getResponse().getOutputStream(),
encoding);
      String enc = getRequestCycle().getResponse().getCharacterEncoding();
      writer.append("<!--" + enc + "-->\n");
      writer.append(".....");
    } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {
      throw new WicketRuntimeException("Invalid charset: " + ex.getMessage());
    } catch (IOException ex) {
      throw new WicketRuntimeException("IOException: " + ex.getMessage());
    } finally {
      if (writer != null) {
        try {
          writer.close();
        } catch (IOException ex) {

The problem is when this first catch is reached (because encoding
desired is sent as a parameter that could be errouneous) and

  new WicketRuntimeException("Invalid charset: " + ex.getMessage());

is thrown I see HTTP Status 500 error with this:

ERROR - WicketFilter               - closing the buffer error
java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been
called for this response
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Response.getWriter(Response.java:610)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.getWriter(ResponseFacade.java:198)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebResponse.write(WebResponse.java:365)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.BufferedWebResponse.close(BufferedWebResponse.java:73)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:471)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:288)

I would like to know is it proper to throw WicketRuntimeException in
such situation.
For example I want to show standart Wicket Error page.

Thank you very much.

-- Tony