If you're using the AjaxLink - it is doing a round trip to the server.  The
problem is, the round trip does not include the form values - because it was
a link - not a form submission.

So, you have two options:

1 - don't use an ajax link - just use a webmarkupcontainer as your "a" tag
and add the onclick yourself, using javascript like you would on a plain
html page

2 - use an ajaxsubmitlink and do the processing server side

I'd use #2.  Why didn't you want to submit the form?  The user won't be able
to tell the form was submitted - especially if you skip validation by
setDefaultFormProcessing(false) on your ajaxsubmitlink

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com