I've been thinking about this in the past. Our use case was a post while not
logged in. I guess retaining post data is not really a problem. Since the
Restart...Exception is under user control, the application would be
responsible for not sending megs and megs. Since there is exactly one
request pending in this way, I don't see the problem.

as for the rest of the problems: redoing posts would go a long way

Thomas