Here is some info: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html

I'll be happy to contribute my time also. The only catch is that I wouldn't
be considered a Wicket expert. I've only read Wicket in Action and I'm three
months into a professional application based on Wicket. However, I am a
seasoned Java and JEE developer. And I've co-authored two college text books
on the subject:
http://www.jbpub.com/catalog/9780763754891/
http://www.jbpub.com/catalog/9780763734237/

-Richard