I'm likely not the correct person to answer this clearly, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I get it wrong :)

Essentially the Loadable version has the load() method which is called when the model must be initialized from some other source (as in from a database when you always want the data refreshed).

so, a LoadableDetachableModel is just an implementation of a DetachableModel that makes reinitializing the data easier.

- Brill