Well, I went ahead and checked in my changes to the pom files to "fix"
this issue.  I would urge all of the project owners out there to make
sure everything looks okay to them.  I did change one library's code
to get stuff working.  One library was directly using the Log4J API
for logging and I considered that bad style, especially since the
wicket community has the opportunity to use the slf4j to adapt to any
logging environment.