Hi there !
I'm polishing the first prototype of my web application before
release. When I wanted to modify the look and feel of Wicket's modal
windows I was surprised to notice that the HTML is hardcoded
Javascript code !
I was expecting to extend the ModalWindow class, for instance,
changing the associated HTML template. But I discovered that this
seems not possible.

Can someone explain me why this component uses hardcoded Javascript
for the HTML parts ?
Is there somewhere a "more reusable implementation" of a ModalWindow ?

I could try to hack my way with tricky CSS but even that seems
unlikely to give me what I want (for instance the "close cross" is
inside the title div, I want it in a separate place). Playing to much
with CSS magic  risk to break the cross browser compatibility. The
final result I'm searching for is something much like
http://famspam.com/facebox

I was also considering using Wickext to do the trick
http://www.wickext.org/

(which I'm already using for some forms magic) but I fail to see how
to implement the "onClose" server side Java call method...

Could someone help me with this ? How to get a full featured
ModalWindow that looks like the facebox example ?

Regards,
rodrigob.