Hello,

what would be your prefered way to secure a Wicket 1.4 application?

"Spring Security and Wicket-auth-roles" seems to be outdated. This project
suggests to use Wicket-Security. So it is presumably not the best idea to use
it.
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/spring-security-and-wicket-auth-roles.html

Wicket-Security seems also to be not up to date and supports only Wicket 1.3.
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Wicket-Security
Somewhere I've read that a version of Wicket-Security for Wicket 1.4 exists in
a SVN repository. Maybe that makes Wicket-Security a candidate. But this
framework looks quite complicated to me - WiComSec, WASP, Hive, SWARM sounds
confusing. Is Wicket-Security limited to use JAAS permissions?
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Getting+started+with+Swarm
I don't like JAAS very much ...

My first impression is, that it is easier to write custom authentication and
authorization, than to use Wicket-Security. How are your experiences?

Regards
Christian