As suggested, you need .setEnabled(false) to disable your link.

This will add <em> tags around the link though, so if you don't want this, or want a different tag, do this in your Application.class

/* a component that is disabled by Wicket will normally have <em> surrounding it. This makes it null */
getMarkupSettings().setDefaultBeforeDisabledLink(null);
getMarkupSettings().setDefaultAfterDisabledLink(null);

cheers,
Steve