Hi Wadi,

The easy way is to have the conversion to xls occur within the link action (extracting from db and storing to a temporary file in XLS format).

then you can use a DownloadLink with the model set to the File (generatedXLSFileName).

If it is not tied to some other process you will have to create a resource that knows how to do the conversion. Have a look at extending DynamicWebResource.

Regards,

Mike

Hi All, I would like to know how can I put a link into a page so when the
user clicks I fetch some data from database , export it to Excel so the user
directly downloads an xls file with the content.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Wadi