Jonathan,

If parameter handling is easy to do this in Jersey, then that is probably better then Restlet (well v1.x at least). I found that the hard part of Restlet. Working with all kinds of resource types is very powerfull in Restlet.

Regards,
   Erik.

Jonathan Locke wrote:
well, i'd be the first to admit i don't know either of these two products
deeply, but for the kinds of applications i have for web services, i found
jersey to have really easy, transparent support for request parameter
processing. you just annotate some parameters, create a jaxb schema and add
an @Path attribute and you've pretty much got a web service. although it
looks like a nice architecture that sticks to REST terminology, i at least
couldn't find how restlet made some of this grunt work easy (but then maybe
i missed that somehow).

Alexandru Objelean wrote:
Jonathan, can you elaborate? Why do you think jersey is better? Have you
any experience of integrating it with wicket?

Thanks!

Jonathan Locke wrote:
interesting.  yeah, igor's right.  wicket is not for web services.

i prefer jersey to restlet and jersey plays fine with wicket.

Casper Bang-3 wrote:
restlet is for building services not uis, that quote makes absolutely
no
sense.

While I agree the quote smells of FUD, one doesn't necessarily exclude
the
other. The beauty of REST is its statelessness, addressability,
representation negotiation, caching and other ways it embraces HTTP
rather
than run away from it (and use overloaded POST's with tiny RPC handlers
for
everything).

In Jersey it's also possible to serve (dynamic) HTML through a standard
templating engine, I'm doing this currently and achieving very high
scalability while keeping things simple. The caveat with this approach
is
that you are stuck to the classic templating model and components don't
really exist apart from whatever jQuery/ExtJS stuff you wire up
manually.

So probably like the OP, I can't help but wonder about the possebility
of
Wicket running on top as a model-view technology - or perhaps just a
programming model adopted after Wicket.

/Casper

--
Erik van Oosten