ComponentStringResourceLoader's javadoc is very helpful here:

<quote>
assume a component hierarchy like page1.form1.input1 and your are requesting a key named 'Required'. Wicket will search the property in the following order:

page1.properties => form1.input1.Required
page1.properties => Required
form1.properties => input1.Required
form1.properties => Required
input1.properties => Required
myApplication.properties => page1.form1.input1.Required
myApplication.properties => Required
</quote>

What it doesn't mention is that if the form component is nested in another container such as a border then the border id needs to be included in the key.

e.g. if I have page1.form1.border1.input1 then in the form's properties file I have to include the border component in the key - border1.input1.Required, it would be cleaner just to be able to use input1.Required.

-Gianni