David,

Wicket in Action describe how to integrate with Spring and Hibernate.

Databinder.net is LGPL, you can choose and copy code you like. Updating selected code to recent wicket version should be fairly easy.

Regards,
   Erik.

David Brown schreef:
Hello Wicketers, I am in the throes of a decision to buy the Wicket in Action
book. There are a couple of other books but the little time I have lurked on
this ML I have noticed the Wicket-in-Action authors are fielding some of the
issues on this list. The reason I need to hit Wicket as hard as I can is I have
already dismissed 3 other MVC frameworks that I have evaluated over the past
two weeks. I have also evaluated 3 end-to-end MVC frameworks based on Wicket.
End-to-end means: (HTML UI)(Java POJO middleware)(Hibernate|iBatis)(MySQL). I
have dismissed all of the so-called end-to-end MVC frameworks except:
databinder.net. The databinder.net framework is a great piece of software based
entirely on Wicket and Hibernate. The only caveat is databinder.net appears to
no longer enjoy a community type support. And, in fact, databinder.net does not
seem to be supported in any way including the original author. So, betting the
farm on databinder.net is problematic and this brings us to the question of:
does the Wicket in Action book (or any Wicket book) discuss the coupling
together of Wicket and something like Hibernate or iBatis to a restructured
database for the purposes of rewriting an existing web app. The current web app
run-time for the company I am working for was written using a code-generator.
The name of the code-generator referenced in the previous sentence is not
known. The original programmer that authored the original run-time web app has
flown-the-coop. Rants and Raves welcomed. Please advise, David.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/