Hi,

I'm currently evaluating how it's possible to have stateless pages with
some information loaded asynchronously via AJAX.

I found these postings that are somehow related to this
http://www.nabble.com/Stateless-AJAX-links-td20031309.html
http://www.nabble.com/Directions-for-Stateless-Ajax-td17518987.html

but I'm not sure what exactly has to be done to achieve what I want.

Basically I have a simple page where I added an AjaxBehavior to a label
that shall get replaced via AJAX:

final Label label = new Label( "info", "foo" );
add( label.setOutputMarkupId( true ) );
label.add(new AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior() {

    @Override
    protected void respond( AjaxRequestTarget target ) {
        final Label lazyLabel = new Label( "info", "loaded asynchronously" );
        Index.this.replace( lazyLabel.setOutputMarkupId( true ) );
        target.addComponent( lazyLabel );
    }

    @Override
    public void renderHead( IHeaderResponse response ) {
        super.renderHead( response );
        response.renderOnDomReadyJavascript( getCallbackScript().toString() );
    }

} );

This turns the previously statelesss page to stateful, AFAICS because of
  getStatelessHint( Component component )
returning false for the label.

When I change this to return true, wicket says the page is expired on the AJAX
request...

Can anybody say what had to be done?

Btw: I'm using wicket-1.4-SNAPSHOT.

Thanx in advance,