Wicket is structured such that is usually does not need annotations nor AOP code. The same goes for applications created with Wicket.

That said, Wicket 1.3 and 1.4 does have support for Spring injection that uses both annotations and AOP. The wicket-auth-roles example project also uses annotations.

Regards,
   Erik.

Munna Ramjee wrote:
Hi All..

i am a new bie to wicket.
I find that wicket stuff project on security and wicket rad project uses
annotations.
and also I understand from the blogs that wicket keeps simple things simple
through pure OO programming.
But is there any scope for annotations support in the upcoming wicket
versions 1.4 or 1.5?

Moreover does wicket promote the use of AOP in the development of web
applications

Thanks,
munna.

--