Thanks for your feedback Martijn.
Yes, you're right. I will solve this issue using threads.

________________________________
Von: Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
An: users@wicket.apache.org
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 23. April 2009, 10:59:39 Uhr
Betreff: Re: Pagemap locking issue

Why would you want your users to wait for 1 minute to get results? On
what planet and time/space continuum do you expect users to wait for
that?

Don't do the computation in the request thread. Compute the stuff in a
separate thread, process or whatever and subscribe the user's
session/page/whatever to a future outcome of that thread, and then
rendering that directly.

Sounds more like an application design issue than anything related to wicket.

Martijn

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Tokalak Ahmet <toka...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm developing a wicket application, in which i have to lookup mutiple tables
> with millions of datasets depending of the user inputs.
> Any operation on these tables is very time consuming not to talk about join
> operations ... (A request can take a few seconds or some minutes to complete)
>
> Since we have changed to production mode we are facing very often with
> pagemap locking errors which is big annoyance.
>
> I have increased the timeout value using
> getRequestCycleSettings().setTimeout(Duration.minutes(10)), which isn't a
> solution.
>
> The problem ist that long running requests block new requests (some requests
> running undefinitely long?).
> In our application we see that long running time consuming requests are
> blocking the whole application (tomcat).
> I think that long running request should be aborted after the timeout.
> This is a severe problem for us and could lead to the decision to give up
> Wicket.
> Does anybody has any idea to solve this problem?
> Thanks in advance.

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released