I don't know if you can remove one row and just update the row as you can
with TreeTable but maybe some here could guide you.

If it is good enough to update the whole table then maybe somthing like
this. this is typed from my head so there may be errors.

public abstract DeleteContactPanel extends Panel{
  public DeleteContactPanel(String id, final Contact contact) {
    super(id);
    setOutputMarkupId(true);
    final Form form = new Form("form");
    form.add(new AjaxSubmitLink("delete") {
      @Override
      protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target,  Form form) {
        service.deleteContact(contact);
        onDelete( target );
        System.out.println("OK Deleted");
      }
    });
    add(form);
  }
  public abstract void onDelete( AjaxrequestTarget target );
}

final List<IColumn> columns = new ArrayList<IColumn>();
columns.add(new AbstractColumn(new Model("Delete")) {
  public void populateItem(Item cellItem, String componentId, IModel
rowModel) {
    Contact contact = ((Contact) rowModel.getObject());
    cellItem.add(new  DeleteContactPanel(componentId, contact){
      public void onDelete( AjaxRequestTarget target ){
        // Add table here and show flashmessage
        info( "Row deleted" );
        target.addComponent( feedback );
        target.addComponent( datatable );