what about just implementing AbstractLightWeightColumn#newCell?

this lets you write text directly to the output...

On May 7, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Brill Pappin wrote:

I'm spiking on the inmethod grid components from wicketstuff (1.4- SNAPSHOT)

I need to be able to format the data in columns and or modify it for view only columns.

the specific case is a description field that sometime needs and ellipsis.

I can't see any way to add converters or formatters to the column models.. have anyone else tried this or come up with a solution?

So far the only solution i have is to wrap my Pojo's in another pojo and provide read-only access to one of the fields.

- Brill Pappin