Well,  its kind of curious... the 2nd issue that you posted:

2). Never call your appl/portlet-name with the same name
as the url-mapping.

In fact, I was not able to see my portlet if the portlet name and
filter-mapping are differents.

Just to confirm , when you say URL Mapping do you mean...?

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>wickportlet</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/wickportlet/*</url-pattern>
        <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    </filter-mapping>

I had to put a url-pattern equal to the portlet name, and without any
different char (like '-').

The first issue, i didn't knew nothing about it.

thanks!

Bruno Ledesma