I've been using  http://storytestiq.solutionsiq.com/ STiQ  for integration
testing on my current project. It's a mashup of Selenium & Fitnesse. It
makes for a really comfortable test construction & running environment.

I've used JUnit driven Selenium tests in the past, but the tests were
impossible to read, and they weren't particularly refactorable (losing any
benefit of having them driven from code).

Having the front end tests written in a user-legible DSL forces you to think
about the tests from the point of view of the end user.

Commenting is a easy and natural thing to do in this environment. It
actually looks a lot like Literate Programming.

Many of the functional tests I'd written for this project exercised
execution paths around session timeouts, something that'd be difficult (or
impossible) to test from a unit-test perspective, but which were easy to
write in STiQ.

The fact that the tests are running in the SOE is a comfort too.

It's apparently possible to drive it from JUnit/Maven/Ant/whatever, but I
haven't got around to doing that.

An similar FOSS alternative to STiQ is  http://www.fitnesse.info/webtest
WebTest , and an alternative to Selenium is  http://watij.com/ Watij