Clint - I've run into one (hopefully minor) hitch with the process. The
filtering works, but only after I've used Maven to deploy the project. When
I'm developing, however, I just run the project on the Jetty server that
comes with the Quickstart. Of course, that means that the ${} variables are
treated as literal values. Is there a way to filter the project locally
without having to run a Maven build every time I make a change?

James - Spring and Hibernate are next on my things-to-learn list, after I
get Maven (and perhaps Continuum) figured out.

Thanks to both of you for the input!

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM, James Carman <jcar...@carmanconsulting.com