> http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/modal-window.1 is
> pretty misleading : passing components between components/page is
> quite broken as can be seen in the past discussion on the mailing list
> (serialization issue can arise and makes both sides using different
> references of the same object "logically speaking").

True.

I have found that the only safe way to pass references is via
getSession().xxx so now all my (not all, but generally relevant ones)
models are in session instead of being page-scoped. Not heavy models
but selection models such that indicate what the user is operating on.

However. Instead of changing the documentation, I would rather change
the implementation such that the serialization would not break.

The same offect, however, occurs if you have some other kind of pop-up
window.... it would be nice to be able to continue using the
underlying page in sync with the pop-up.

**
Martin