The most common "wicket way" is that they are stored in your java
packages, next to your class and html files.  This way they can be
packaged and reused in other applications, etc.  Then you reference
them with a resourcereference(ClassNextToThem.class,
"relative-path-from-class").

Or you can put them in the same place and use wicket:link rather than
a resource reference.  Up to you.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com