The sample I posted only has the single page with a link to the ModalWindow.
The modal window keeps a reference to the ModalWindow param passed in
to the constructor.  That's only used to close the window when the
AjaxRequestTarget is passed from the AjaxLink.

When the OnChangeAjaxBehavior#onUpdate fires, it's rebuilding the
repeating view and adding the WebMarkupContainer wrapper to the
AjaxRequestTarget.

So it's not keeping any references that I see.