You can construct a WicketTester with an application subclass...it just
creates a default one for you internally if you don't:

WicketTester yourTester = new WicketTester(new
WicketTester.DummyWebApplication() {
        public RequestCycle newRequestCycle(final Request request, final
Response response) {
    //...
    }
});