I googled a lot but failed to find satisfactory answers. I just find a way to
make tomcat to produce more error info than simply

May 30, 2009 12:06:57 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error filterStart
May 30, 2009 12:06:57 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/wic] startup failed due to previous errors

I am learning from the book Wicket in Action. The funny thing is that the new
stuff is no problem, but the tomcat error is.