I tried setting the model of a ListMultipleChoice to a HashSet (by using a CompoundPropertyModel and the id of the HashSet). The list of possible choices was an ArrayList. It shows my selected choices nicely. But I'm getting an error when I want to save the data. So I'm guessing the LMC doens't like cooperating with a HashSet, but then why does it allow the HashSet to determine which values in the list to select? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Here's the top of the stacktrace:
WicketMessage: Error calling method: public void nl.lunaris.bookdb.model.database.User.setFriends(java.util.Set) on object: User: Test
Root cause:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

Regards,
Linda