I'd like to consider writing a component similar to wicket:link.

I don't think wicket:link actually does the dirty work. My cursory view at
the source suggests that wicket:link sets a flag and some other classes
update the actual path printed to the page. Is this an established or
documented pattern that I could follow for implementing something like
wicket:context? I have WIA but didn't recognize this type of component
discussed.

Igor mentioned:

> it may be helpful to create <wicket:context> analog of <wicket:link>, we
already have the framework for getting the path prefix to get to contextpath

Likely it is obvious - but would someone be able to briefly elaborate on the
'framework' Igor mentions here ... or anyone care to map out a high level
class or object blueprint of what I might look at or how to make this
happen?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Luther